The tagline for this supermarket is; “quality you would expect at prices you wouldn’t”. It serves the hospitality industry and households. It is one of Britain’s largest employee-owned retailers. Below is a SWOT Analysis for Waitrose.
- Waitrose has a royal warrant to supply to the Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles.
- It has a large market share with over 300 outlets in Britain.
- It is portrayed as more ethical than competitors and it sponsors the English Cricket Team.
- A recent article publication in the Waitrose Kitchen Magazine has caused the supermarket media backlash.
- They experience intense price wars and therefore lesser profit margins.
- They always present themselves as low priced and high quality and highly depend only on the label’s performance.
- They can still expand the boundaries of their stores to cover other areas in Britain by building on its rich branding heritage.
- Waitrose could also focus on their Community Matters Campaign in order to capture the positive word of mouth public marketing.
- Waitrose faces competition from leading brands such as Tesco, J Sainsbury PLC, and Morrison’s.
- The supermarket also lags behind global and local competition because of its target market.